Basketball Australia is the governing and controlling body for the sport of basketball in Australia and is located in Wantirna South, Victoria.
BA runs the Chemist Warehouse WNBL, NWBL, WNWBL, national teams and national junior championships.
The Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence is located at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra and is a fully residential program for identified elite youth players aged 16 – 19 years.
Basketball Australia is calling for applications from suitably qualified people for the position of Assistant Coach of the BA Centre of Excellence Women’s Program. This position is full-time and is located in Canberra.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Coach of the Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence Women’s program will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head Coach in the technical preparation and conduct of the program
- On-court coaching, including individual and small group sessions and all squad practices
- Assistance with creation and monitoring of Individual Performance Plans (IPP) for scholarship athletes
- Support the head coach with talent identification and selection of scholarship athletes
- Assistant Coach duties for all COE Women’s games, including league play
- Support in the supervision and pastoral care of the scholarship holders
- Administrative tasks as prescribed by the Head Coach
Desired Experience and skill set –
- Demonstrated experience coaching elite youth basketball
- Experience in coaching at the NBL/WNBL or NBL1/QBL/WA SBL/Waratah etc level
- Head coaching experience at Australian Junior Championships
- Actively coaching in the BA NPP or State Performance Programs
- High level video editing/review skills and functional knowledge of Hudl/Sportscode platforms
- Understanding of the Basketball Australia style of play philosophy and elite youth development structure
- Basketball Australia Association Coach accreditation
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Current Working with Children (or equivalent) clearance
Remuneration and conditions –
This full-time role consists of a 38-hour working week, with an expectation of weekend and outside of hours commitments as required.
The position will be remunerated at a negotiated salary range of $55K to $60K (superannuation inclusive). The successful applicant may be required to travel in the role and all agreed business-related travel expenses will be covered by the Federation.
The successful candidate will be required to have a current Working with Children clearance or equivalent and hold a minimum Basketball Australia Association Coach level accreditation.
Application process –
Written applications, including a cover letter and resume of no more than 3 pages, should be submitted by Monday, December 2, 2019 to Basketball Australia Director of High Performance Coach Development Peter Lonergan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed applicants may be required to provide further documentation prior to interview. Indicatively, video-conference interviews have been slated for Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
For further information, please contact Peter Lonergan via e-mail.